[ExI] Population growth & Life-Extension

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Aug 27 09:17:01 UTC 2021

On 27/08/2021 01:35, bill w wrote:
> Well, what I want to know is how to get people to act more
> responsibly. Right now we have vast numbers of people who have no plan
> or inadequate plans on how to support themselves in retirement, and
> many (most?) will require welfare. Right now average credit card debt
> is several thousand dollars - around 7000.  How to get them to act
> more responsibly?  bill w

This is what I'm saying. Life-extension will inevitably get people to
act more responsibly. If you know you'll die within the next few
decades, there's little incentive, from a purely selfish POV, to pay
your debts, save for the future, preserve the environment, etc. If you
know you'll still be around to reap the fruits of your current
behaviour, perhaps indefinitely, there's a lot more incentive, don't you
think?

Ben