[ExI] Paranormal activity?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 16:04:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 at 14:47, John Grigg via extropy-chat

> This is home security cctv footage of strange lights within a man's home. I realize this could be caused by a camera malfunction, light hitting dust motes, a hoax/hack, or for that matter, the spirit of a deceased person. But then I believe in an afterlife of some sort. I have had the thought, what if this is a form of Earth life that is completely alien to what we understand about reality... Could there be a "living" thing of only electromagnetic energy, invisible to the naked eye? Perhaps these entities have the intelligence of an insect, or even a bird... And can they shift between dimensions? I just don't know.
>
> https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/video-odd-orb-leaves-pastor-unsettled/

Photographic orbs are a well-known phenomena that have been around
almost as long as cameras. The new features of night-vision cameras
and infra-red detectors mean that they show up a bit more often.
They are caused by floating dust motes close to the camera lens which
cause them to be out of focus and result in a blurred orb. That's why
they appear in photos, but people in the room don't see them. They
appear to move as the dust mote drifts around in the air near the
camera.
This is one of many articles explaining what is going on--
<http://www.paullee.com/ghosts/orbs.html>

BillK