[ExI] free speech

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:55:02 UTC 2021

I am afraid that many countries around the world - their leaders I mean -
are going to see what is happening to our democracy/republic as a result of
free speech.

There have to be very few countries in the world who would have put up with
what has been happening on social media, what with the fringes,
conspiracy theories, antigovernment rhetoric and all the rest.  They would
have suppressed them from the beginning.  Many would have gone to jail in
China and some other places.  Egypt.

If we want to keep our free speech we have to get through these challenges
to our beloved system, flawed though it may be.  No free speech, no free
country.

One of the shameful things about the episode in D. C. is the failure of our
protectors to repel the occupation far before it pierced the Senate
chambers.  Heads fell, I read in the news.  Good.  It was a pitiful
demonstration of foresight and effective crowd management.  bill w