[ExI] free speech

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 10 17:24:50 UTC 2021

Subject: Re: [ExI] free speech

>…Spike, why do you say that Congress cannot deal with monopolies.  Congress has broken up monopolies before.   bill w

Congress can deal with monopolies, but neither of the companies you named are monopolies.  They don’t own the supply chain, the factories and the distribution, and they have competitors.  Congress can do nothing about two companies which have a large following (first to market advantage) if they do things we don’t like.

No worries: as you say, the market sorts out everything.  Now, any deplorable, despicable anything you find anywhere on Twitter or Face Book is endorsed by those companies.  This applies to comments and everything: if they censor anything, they endorse everything not censored.

Knowing that, why are you still there?  Why is anyone?