[ExI] Atheists catch a break

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 10 19:22:34 UTC 2021

Subject: Re: [ExI] Atheists catch a break

On 10/01/2021 14:22, Bill w wrote:
> The core belief of Protestants is Original Sin.  One of the very worst
> ideas in history, but one that works well for the church.  Without it
> the church has no goal.   bill w

>...It's the catholic church that's to blame, not the protestant one (not
that it makes much difference, they still adhere to it, but they didn't
invent it).

>...I go further than 'one of the worst', and say it's probably the most
evil idea ever invented. Combined with the concept of hell, you have a
perfect tool to terrorise and control not just people's behaviour, but their
very thoughts.

--
Ben Zaiboc

Hi Ben, I would put the notion of Original Sin and the concept of hell tied
for second worst, with gold medal for worst idea in history going to
communism.