[ExI] Immaculate Election

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jan 12 22:29:05 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat

>…I don't think conspiracy theories are significantly linked to reality…

Ja.  This is a good reason to work on reducing conspiracy theories.  Start by truing up the vote.

>>…  What is that justification?

>…Hundreds of millions of ballots with a couple dozen or more votes on each need to be tabulated quickly and accurately. Sure, it can be done without technology, but that's exactly the kind of task that technology is suited to perform…

We can get enough volunteers to do this accurately and have the answers within a week.

>… fast automatic tabulation that can be confirmed by slow and inaccurate humans teams…

No worries, have redundancy in the human teams.  Count them until the numbers agree.  We will wait.  We know what is at stake.  Nearly everyone wants the good guys to win.  If we have a sufficiently accurate vote, the good guys win every time.

>>…So no worries, eliminate sources of suspicion of voter fraud.

>…That's impossible. And trying to appease irrational conspiracy theorists and gullible rubes will only encourage them to make more demands…

Demanding an accurate reliable vote count is a reasonable demand.  If a particular politician insists on voting machines and vote harvesting, then refers to the opponents as irrational conspiracy theorists and gullible rubes, that politician should be voted out and shamed for not wanting verifiable elections.  Voting machines and harvesting decrease voter confidence in elections.

Some of that centers on voting machines, so get rid of those…

>…All to satisfy unsubstantiated claims of fraud…

No, it is to increase confidence in elections.  Voting machines decrease confidence in elections.  Criticizing those who lack confidence in elections causes a decrease in confidence in those doing the criticism.

If we true up the voting system, the good guys will win every time.

>…Nonsense. The winner will win. Which is exactly what we have now…

Sense.  If we true up the voting system, the good guys will win every time.  Now we have a voting system which is distrusted by many.

The winner of a trustworthy election system is by definition the good guys.

>…Not by my definition…

Ja, that is what I have vaguely suspected from your comments above.  Your definition causes me to lose confidence in you.

Everyone, well nearly everyone, wants the good guys to win every time.  I would estimate over 95% of all voters want the good guys to win.

>…Most of the time there aren't even any good guys on the ballot…

Define the good guys as the ones who win in a true election.  There are good guys on every ballot.

>… People are staggeringly bad at judging the character of others…

Hmmm.

>… And even if they weren't, good people can be corrupted…

That much is very clear.

So… let us work to create a trustworthy voting system.  Start by trashing those voting machines.

>…I'm a little surprised to see such a Luddite proposal on this list and from you.

> …-Dave

Dave if those voting machines and harvesting continues, each election will cause more people to doubt the outcome.  This time the portion of voters who doubt that outcome took a huge leap.  It will be worse every time.  It is time to go to a more reliable system.  Start with trashing those machines.