[ExI] Immaculate Election

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jan 13 16:23:21 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat

>…So you throw away the advantage of technology…

Ja, along with the disadvantage: the public’s growing distrust of the technology.

>…No point in having the technology, then…

Understatement: point in not having it.  The justification for the cost is far too weak.

>>…If quick results, just use the exit polls.  …

>…Notoriously inaccurate…

Ja, so let us make sure the hand count is notoriously accurate.

>…Nobody is going to project a winner except in the most one-sided contests.

-Dave

OK, no worries.  We can live a week or two with vaguely projected winners.  After the end of that week or two, we will know the good guys won.  Now we can’t be sure they did.  We reached this uncertainty quickly however, so we did accomplish quick uncertainty.