[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 17 19:22:43 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2021 11:07 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

>…Wouldn't a completely unmoderated site feature content that is legally obscene, libelous or slanderous?   bill w

Sure would.  The site would have to make it clear that it filters nothing, even illegal material, then rely on 230 for protection from liability for its content.

As it is, the big sites to filter, and consequently I would argue even if they have legal immunity from liability, they carry a defacto endorsement of any material they left on their site.  Now Face Book and Twitter functionally endorse everything on there.