[ExI] Immaculate Election

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:44:51 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 11:03 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 1:24 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <
>
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 7:42 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <
>>
>>> Having an ID and being required to produce one are not the same.
>>>

>> The thinking is, if people are required to have an ID at all times, it is
>> a reasonable imposition to require that they produce it at any time.  (This
>> can include having an RFID chip on said ID, and carrying said ID to not
>> block said RFID - e.g., don't carry it in a Faraday cage.)
>>

> Yeah, that I understand and agree with. I don't see a problem with a
> national ID that you aren't required to carry or produce upon demand. If it
> would take amendment to do that right, so be it.

So, if there is a national ID that people are expected to have, how do you
keep states & cities from passing laws requiring carrying & producing on
demand?

"Pass a Constitutional amendment" doesn't cut it.  This is the kind of
thing where an unconstitutional law will get enforced widely without, in
many cases, recourse to courts; by the time the case gets to court (if it
does - if it's not just an excuse to hold someone overnight and confiscate
whatever's on the person), damage has already been done.  If the law gets
struck down, something just like it gets passed, and the cycle continues.