[ExI] the science might be wrong

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 04:14:36 UTC 2021

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 11:13, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>
> Because of what happened this time, we can never get beyond reasonable
> doubt.  We are not beyond reasonable doubt now and are going back the other
> way.
>

> >…I'm talking about a situation where you, yourself, agree that these
> measures would save many lives. It seems that even in that case, you think
> it would be better to let people die.
>

> --
>
> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> No.  Stathis if I myself agree these measures would save many lives, I
> might be wrong.  It seemed like masks should help: they apparently didn’t.
> Shutdowns should have helped, but we have little indication they worked.
> Even if I myself agree measures would work, we still don’t know that they
> will.  Praying the Ava Maria and wearing rosary beads might cause god to
> spare us, and plenty of people would urge that course, but that might not
> help either.
>

> This is a photo, taken today, of POTUS explaining to a group of
> mask-wearing journalists he has signed a mandate that masks are required on
> Federal property.  The photo was taken in front of the Lincoln Memorial:
>

> Somehow these guys still don’t understand why we don’t give them more
> authority.

I know you disagree that masks help, buty the question was not about that,
it was about whether you think that public health measures should ever be
made mandatory. I thought you were saying that no, even in the event that
it would save lives, it would be better to let people die than force them
to wear masks.

--
Stathis Papaioannou