[ExI] the science might be wrong

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sat Jan 23 09:48:43 UTC 2021

On 22/01/2021 19:20, spike wrote:
> Do let me be very clear: I am a strong believer in social distancing.
> That works.  It works even better for me: I not a people person.  I am
> a machine person.  I am not always completely  sure of the person
> part.  I am a machine life form.

I'm sick of saying "It's NOT 'social distancing', that's what I do! It's
/physical/ distancing!". I reckon that many people are less
socially-distant from each other now, because of the lockdowns and the
increase in communication over things like Zoom. Even I have taken part
in more bloody quizzes in the last year than in the rest of my life.

Spike, you're not unique in being a machine life-form, we are all
machine life-forms, all 8 billion of us, plus all the trillions of other
life-forms on the planet (all soft squishy machines, so far). Being a
machine doesn't preclude being a person, in fact it's a prerequisite.

--
Ben Zaiboc