[ExI] the science might be wrong

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Mon Jan 25 18:28:06 UTC 2021

On 24/01/2021 23:36, Henry Rivera wrote:
> Here is one sentiment. Not my plaque, and I didn’t take the pic.

And I hope you don't agree with the sentiment, either. It seems that now
any point of view that someone disagrees with can be vilified by calling
it 'anti-X', where X is some pov you approve of. This takes it way
beyond things like vaccination, where the science is incontrovertible,
and applies it to anything, even where there are reasonable grounds for
disagreement, and conveniently dismisses nuances that may exist (as with
'mask-wearing').

This is disappointing, because it greatly weakens the impact that the
term 'anti-vaxxer' has. If I thought they had the brains, I'd suspect it
was a deliberate ploy by them, to achieve exactly this end, but I don't.
It's probably just a happy (for them) coincidence.

Don't think that this opinion makes me an 'anti-masker', because I'm not
(nuances, remember).

--
Ben Zaiboc