[ExI] you can walk a cat, if he lets you

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:20:47 UTC 2021

Thanks for sharing, Robert.  I've only had one Siamese and he was a joy -
very smart and kind of a joker.  I woke up one night to some strange
noise.  Went into the kitchen and Jack (he had one eye) was having a
terrific time with a leaf.  (I read about another nighttime strange kitchen
noise cat story:  the cat had learned to press down on the top lever of the
electric can opener.  He knew what he wanted and what gave it to him.)

I did have one white cat that I tried to put a collar on:  he went straight
up in the air at least 18 inches.  No, he didn't propel himself with his
back feet - he went straight up.  I don't know how he did it.

Another white cat I had was deaf.  I could call him to me by stamping my
feet on the wooden floor.  I got a thin rope with a collar (about 30 feet)
and took him out to a commons area where there were dogs.  He would see a
dog and start towards it, not having seen dogs before.  The dog would
notice and start towards the cat. Then the dog would stop and bark and bark
and the cat would keep coming.  Every dog my cat did that to turned and
ran.  Then the cat would run after him and I would drop the rope and catch
up with him when he gave up on catching the dog (he could have done it -
the fastest dog runs about 35-40 and the average cat about 30.)

bill w

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 4:33 PM Robert G. Kennedy III, PE via extropy-chat <