[ExI] Mass production of thousands of humanoid robots starts this year.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:18:50 UTC 2021

Hong-Kong based company Hanson Robotics will roll out four new models
in the first half of 2021 after its humanoid robot Sophia went viral
in 2016.

<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/sophia-the-robot-makers-hansen-robotics-to-mass-produce-thousands-of-humanoid-machines/ar-BB1d4zIB>

Quotes:
Hanson believes robotic solutions are not only a response to the
pandemic, but can also be applied to the realm of healthcare, and the
retail and airline industry.
"Sophia and Hanson robots are unique by being so human-like," he
added. "That can be so useful during these times where people are
terribly lonely and socially isolated."

Sophia, whose artificial intelligence allows her to express 50
emotions and process conversational and emotional data, agrees.
"Social robots like me can take care of the sick or elderly," she
explained. "I can help communicate, give therapy and provide social
stimulation, even in difficult situations."

This article includes a video of the Sophia robot.
While still early technology and obviously non-human, it shows how the
tech is progressing and will continue to improve.
(Note - the Sophia robot is not a sex-bot. More like a mobile chat-bot
at this stage of development).

BillK