[ExI] robin hood steals from the poor protects the rich?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:23:08 UTC 2021

" Indeed, there are those who predict, given current trends, that the first
Turing Test passing AI will not come of some scientific project, nor
government (especially not military), but from the trading houses - perhaps
one forced, by customers or regulation, to explain its decisions in a human
language."

Yeah, I worked on many scientific projects from Gravitational Waves (I was
part of LIGO and did my dissertation on this topic) to the neuroscience of
sleep (my other company Deepwave is trying to commercialize my IP to
improve cognition and memory by enhancing deep sleep) but algo trading is
one most intellectually rewarding experience because you cannot bullshit
out of it via p value fishing or other stat massaging (that unfortunately
happens a lot in social and even biomed studies). If you have alpha it will
show up over time otherwise you cannot survive in this business for long.
Trading is a very demanding mistress and it is a good thing.

Giovanni

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 8:37 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <