[ExI] Talk to GPT-3 via Philosopher AI website

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat May 1 23:01:06 UTC 2021

On Sat, 1 May 2021 at 23:28, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> Ignorant and/or stupid question:
>
> Modern physics supports Relationalism, with
> Quantum Mechanics arguing that particles have a wave-particle duality
> and strings having a shape and direction but only when observed.
>
> How do they know what it is doing when not observed?  bill w

That reminds me of an incident from my schooldays.

Our class were in a physics lesson and the teacher was explaining
about alternating electric current and how the incandescent light
bulbs were actually flickering faster than our eyes could see.
There was a short pause, then from the back of the class, the class
wit shouted out -
"Sir, sir!  If you blink quickly you can see it!"
(Applause from class!)  :)

BillK