[ExI] Fermi paradox

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 06:18:03 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 3:23 AM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat
> [clipped stuff on the Navy sighting]

That's actually one I would look closer at given evidence from
different equipment. Have to look closer. The best would be several
simultaneous lines of evidence -- FLIR, radar, etc. -- from different
angles/locations of the same object. That would give an idea of its
location and maybe velocity.

> There was a reduction all the way up until 2020, when the signal
> arrived. The pandemic coincided with the most UFO reports in a single
> year at least in the United States. The press is blaming "clear air"
> caused by lack of traffic and people having a lot of time alone to
> look up at the stars or something.
>
> https://interestingengineering.com/us-record-number-ufo-sightings-2020
>
> So if they are not ET, then what are they? Historians from the future
> forbidden to interfere with the past? The simulators' mouse pointers?
> I do so love a good mystery!

It's a mystery but the explanation given seems quite plausible. Add to
this, people having lots of free time -- and the pandemic has
delivered that probably more than any other time in recent history --
who don't know much about basic stuff in the sky and it seems the
surprise be if you didn't have many UAP/UFO reports. I wonder if
chemtrail sightings are up too. :/

This reminds of someone on another list talking about the Missing-911
stuff. This is where people go missing and often turn up (sadly, often
dead) kilometers away from where they were last spotted and how they
got there is hard to pin down. The person bringing it up started with
something like 'these people go missing in national parks...' and
acted as if this were already a mystery! People go missing in national
parks? Wow! That's a new one. In fact, if you want to get lost and I
mean lost in a way you might never get found, one of the best places
is a national park or other wilderness area. Already, I would just
expect a high base rate.

My personal experience from hiking in national parks and wilderness
areas in several countries is it's very easy to get disoriented and
then seriously lost before you realize you're lost. You might only be
a kilometer or two from where you should be, but in the wrong valley
or ridge or patch of forest. And once you're off course, you can get
ever more off course and get into serious trouble without even the
usual hazard of, say, falling down a ravine or whatnot. To me, it's
almost like marveling that people drown in the ocean.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst