[ExI] Optical illusion tricks you into seeing different colors

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 20:08:24 UTC 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021, 3:20 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> >…Anyway, if on-off-on (101) represents fiveness in binary counting
>
> Mike thanks, this is getting into the spirit of the thing.
>
> There is an inherent objectiveness to fiveness that I just lose with
> redness.  It feels like home field advantage.

I realize this may be far off red quale, but fiveness of five does seem
easier for me to think about.

I started thinking about a 3 qubit quantum computer seeking fiveness.
Starting out [0|1][0|1][0|1]... is 10[0|1] more fivey than [0|1]01?  Maybe
there's a correspondence to partial redness like what I'm seeing with only
40% of the cones to detect red?  That makes the tech nerd think to boost
the red signal in the optic nerve (remember composite color cables from
before modern hdmi everywhere?) to achieve some perception parity with
non-colorblind.  Then we might also experience tech-assisted synesthesia by
mapping the color signals to sound.  Perhaps that's really all that is
happening inside the brain: redness patterns in auditory processors sound
like red?

I think thats the gist of the experiment? To see/hear the "same" experience
from a copy/paste of sensory inputs?