[ExI] ufos and gentle things was: RE: Optical illusion tricks you into seeing different colors

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:43:17 UTC 2021

On Fri, May 21, 2021, 1:14 PM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <

> “Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to
> grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
> ― Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (1987)

In modern UI/UX parlance (jargon) Adams would certainly find another
opportunity to do the undoable, undo the undoable, then redo the undoable.
As in CTRL+V, CTRL+Z, CTRL+Y (or command for apple users)

Another example of "words are hard" that 'undoable' means both that it
cannot be done and also that once it is done it can be undone.  Douglas
Adams famously exploits linguistic wrinkles for fun.