[ExI] restoration-ready

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 23:05:44 UTC 2021

Our Constitution:  I have read Amar's book on the Bill of Rights, the one
on the Constitution (1760-1840) called The Words that Made Us, and am now
into America's Unwritten Constitution.  All of them are amazing.  I
probably knew less than 1% of the happenings of history re Revolutionary
War, Continental Congress and all that followed.

The Constitution does not mean what it says - it means a whole lot more, as
this latter book on the unwritten constitution examines in detail.  No one
can read it and figure out what it means just from the printed words, which
in any case were for publication and perusal by the people of the states
who were to vote on it.  It is just a few pages long (and the original
parchment, in D. C. has been declared to have no legal standing!).

If you have not read these books or their equivalent, which I doubt exists,
you will find ins and outs you never thought of.  Extensive coverage of the
Warren Court and afterwards (Roe versus Wade, for ex.).  (author says John
Marshall and Warren are acknowledged as the two greatest judges).

Bottom line:  I will mail these to you if desired.

Criticism (but not really ) - hatchet jobs on Jefferson and Adams and many
more.  I began to wonder why we have a Jefferson Memorial.  So, very
straightforward.  Oh, Washington is treated like a God who could do no
wrong (except for some military moves that he made; he had no formal
military training).  Far, far more important than I had imagined.  Next,
biographies of him and Hamilton, who apparently was a playboy and a
genius.  Many criticisms of the Supreme Court in detail.

I'd better quit here.  Bottom line:  I will mail these to you if desired.
Author Amar law professor at Yale.

bill w

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 5:42 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <