[ExI] ElliQ - AI companion robot for the elderly

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 28 23:38:57 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 4:25 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] ElliQ - AI companion robot for the elderly

 This type of AI companion has become almost
essential for single old people during lockdown.  bill k

I find this truly an incredible statement.  It suggests that a vast majority of us elders cannot find something to do without help.  My problem is finding enough time to do all the things I want to do, like make further dents in my pile of books.  And enough time to find new good ones to order.  I would probably find one very interesting, but very far from a necessity.  Am I really in a small minority?    bill w

Ja, you sure are billw.  Plenty of seniors can’t see well enough to read their books, or anything else.  You still have your mate.  Cognitive decline is common in one’s later years.  Plenty of others would trade places with you in a heartbeat.  We should all think regularly on all the stuff we still have that continues to work right.  We don’t need to thank evolution or any supernatural being, but thank anyway.  Gratitude is a powerful and positive emotion.