[ExI] porn is for women

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jul 28 20:05:44 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

Subject: [ExI] porn is for women

https://psyche.co/ideas/does-porn-harm-or-help-gender-could-matter-in-a-surprising-way?   bill w

Hard to say Billw, but I can imagine a scenario in which it harms both in a way.  Young couple who haven’t done much yet watch porn video (either together or on a Zoom meeting for instance) and don’t realize that a typical 20 minute porn video is spliced together from three or four separate sessions.  It creates the illusion that the man can go at this non-stop for 20 minutes, and perhaps some can, but I speculate that most of us would be lucky to go half that long after the real action starts.

The boy gets a complex (knowing that he cannot) and is afraid to go forward, for he is aware of his own limitations: he will be lucky if he goes 5 minutes (hey, he’s a teenager)  The girl presses forward, eager to experience what the porno star wildly exaggerated.  She has absurdly distorted expectations and is disappointed.

Sheesh, now I will get slammed with guys claiming they can go 20 minutes on their worst day and what’s wrong with you, etc.  Oy vey, I endure so much for you guys.