[ExI] Truth has a liberal bias [elon on twitter]

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 3 22:54:20 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Truth has a liberal bias [elon on twitter]

>…Yes, it is.  Should have been posted on the other list   bill w

Bill, the reason this is (I think) highly relevant here is that if one gets into a very specific discussion about that topic, often the conclusion by all participants is something like: Well, OK apparently the government did commit some crimes, but… in this particular case, the FBI just didn’t trust the bastard.

Ja, with that I will agree, however… now the bastard doesn’t trust the FBI.  Well, what a surprise, imagine that.  And… the bastard might come back into a position where he is their boss, for the bastard is now and has been the front runner in the political betting.  And… the bastard now knows that this organization that he does not trust are capable of all manner of devious tricks, which are illegal but are now no longer unprecedented (they set the precedent on him.)

But wait, it gets worse.  The bastard is the front runner in the betting, but there is another bastard who is the second runner who also doesn’t trust the FBI for the same reason (imagine that.)  The current POTUS is the third runner, and if he has any sense, he wouldn’t trust the FBI either, after what we have seen.

Think about it.  That is huge.  It now opens the door to whoever is in the position of POTUS to use the FBI for opposition research, but it is far more powerful than any opposition research he needs to pay for, far more powerful than anything he could buy, since the FBI has options and methods such as falsifying evidence to get secret FISA warrants.

As Samantha Atkins warned us over twenty years ago: this is dangerous as all hell: unaccountable power, which will eventually be abused.  She was right on with that warning, right exactly on.