[ExI] us

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:48:32 UTC 2022

None of this would be done if persuasion didn't work.
Unfortunately it works far too well  BillK

I do not agree with your premise.  Sure, plenty of persuasions of all types
are tried, but try to find the evidence that they do.  And esp. look at how
long a change lasts - often, according to social psychologists like me,
change only lasts a few weeks, if that.  Even monstrous changes, like
'getting saved' fade with time in most people who realize that it was an
emotional thing, not a rational thing.  How much propaganda do you think
goes on in Iran?  Plenty, I am supposing.  Now contrast that with a survey
that says that 2/3 of Iranians do not support a religious government.  I
highly doubt the Chinese will persuade many Uyghurs, but we will never
know.  If they were highly successful I think we would find that out, since
that would be great propaganda for the Chinese to publish openly.  bill w

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 11:37 AM Gadersd via extropy-chat <