[ExI] lotta splainin to do

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 20 04:54:55 UTC 2022

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

…> On Behalf Of Giovanni Santostasi via extropy-chat

>…before I will buy BtC: the appearance of a credit card which will take
BtC in payment which is accepted by merchants.  spike

OK, well the FTX exchange was run by a guy who took advantage of the dumb
game:

Investors will not make that mistake again.  Many of us learned a terrific
lesson, without even losing any money (few lessons are that way in this
life.)  What I learned is that in order for BtC or any other c$ to be
practical, it needs a credit card (specifically not a debit card, hasta be a
credit card) which is widely accepted.  Then c$ offers an advantage that
fiat currency cannot offer, without the inherent risk any debit card would
have, the risk that the founder is a phony taking advantage of the dumb game
of woke shibboleths.

There might be the opposite end of that spectrum, a company started by
whatever is the opposite of that (slept shibboleths?)  There might be one
more good scam here before people are smart enough to realize that greed and
corruption have no political party.  It is universal.

In general, it is easy to see that an exchange is necessary and that if one
appears to be successful, it is a terrific investment opportunity.