[ExI] are qualia communicable?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:06:56 UTC 2023

Brent,
I think the usefulness of what we are doing here is exactly to learn how to
communicate without using our own private language. I know we are all
guilty of this up to a point. But there are instances where this happens
more than other times and it is really frustrating. I'm glad Ben gave you
precise instructions on how you can improve communication. I felt exactly
the same the first time I read your discussion of this business of redness.
I could not understand at all your made-up terms like "quality blind". It
doesn't matter how many times you explain it to me, if you just write the
same dozen-line explanation with this obscure vocabulary is basically
impossible to follow. You should really try to re-write it without using
them and see how it looks like. Maybe ask GPT-4 to rewrite it for you. I
will try myself and see what I got but I think it is important for you to
do that exercise if you want people to even try to follow you.
Giovanni