[ExI] [Extropolis] trump

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 18:03:24 UTC 2023

On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 10:18 AM spike jones via extropy-chat

That does not answer the question I asked,  The underlying motivation
for posting is the same as a wide range of things humans do, we do it
for status.  There is a good reason in evolutionary terms for us to
seek status.  Our ancestors (particularly our male ancestors) who
obtained high status got more nooky.  Thus selection for seeking
status.  Discussing this as a human motivation is strongly repressed.

I might add that posting to the Extropian list (at least in the past)
did result in high status (if not more nooky).  I ran into a paper by
Maxwell Tabarrok where he traced the world-shaking influence of ideas
originating on this list.

https://maximumprogress.substack.com/p/grading-extropian-predictions