[ExI] US to Build Robot Army to Counter China's Growing Power

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:55:52 UTC 2023

On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 at 12:06, efc--- via extropy-chat

> Next steps is to build them an arena so we can minimize collateral damage
> as well.
> And of course, the step after that is selling tickets to the events! ;)
>
> Best regards, Daniel

And as a follow-up, to demonstrate that humans will be out-classed -

Swiss researchers invent drone-flying AI that tops champions
The AI won 15 of the 25 races against humans and led the fastest time
on the track by more than half a second.
Ameya Paleja Aug 30, 2023
<https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/swiss-droneflying-ai-beats-humans>
Quote:
the pilot only has access to first-person views generated from onboard
cameras as high-speed drones fly through three-dimensional circuits.
Human pilots spend years training themselves to achieve the mastery
required to outdo each other in head-to-head contests.
An autonomous drone piloting system needs to constantly keep
estimating its speed and location using onboard sensors while flying
at high speeds if it needs to beat its human counterparts, and that's
exactly what the Swiss researchers have managed to build.