[ExI] pc alternative

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Dec 16 17:28:47 UTC 2023

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] pc alternative

On Sat, 16 Dec 2023 at 16:44, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> In our socially turbulent times, may I suggest an acceptably politically correct alternative to the traditional and offensive “Merry Christmas.”
> Greetings fellow human-presenting life form!  Do have a most satisfactory experience during this arbitrarily festive period when our fragile planet’s orbit causes the northern hemisphere to reach the point of minimum solar exposure.
>
> spike

>...Nice try, but can AI do better?   BillK

>...Greetings, fellow human-presenting life form! I extend my warmest salutations to you ...during this season be filled with love, laughter, and a profound sense of gratitude.

Ja.  I surrender.  I thought I was good with words, but AI is better.  I suck.  This feels like a repeat of the collective experience of many regular club chess players of the late 1980s, when computer chess started clobbering us regularly.

Bill Joy was right.  The future doesn't need us.