[ExI] Home smart speakers could report crimes or violence

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Dec 21 12:42:12 UTC 2023

I don't understand it either.  There are reasons my computer does not have
a working camera looking at me, nor a working microphone listening to me.

When all these "smart" devices first came out I thought they were
wonderfully clever, but didn't have money to install/makeover my home to
be "smart.  It only took a short while for me to notice the invisible
listeners & watchers.... So in my home there is no Alexa, no Siri, and my
car has no such things either.

Of course there are downsides to living "dumb". I'm willing to take that
risk.

Regards,
MB