[ExI] More thoughts on sentient computers

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Tue Feb 21 18:01:56 UTC 2023

I'm totally on board with this. I am planning to put out a new edition of a short story/novella anthology Hero & Heroine in September. Members of this group have contributed in the past.

Ah, in fact, let me just issue a general call for submissions, if you have short stories of your own you want to submit. Sadly, anthologies are more a work of love, they don't make much money, so I can give you all Honor in Glory as payment: your name on the story, and illustrations. Send the submissions to my publisher account editor (at) misquepress.com <http://misquepress.com/>

But I could also feed this Boss/Secretary idea into Steve and give you guys credit for the prompting.

I have a feeling that "prompted by" will now join "written by" and "edited by" as a standard industry term.

Maybe the secretary is not really gendered, but a robot who "presents" as male or female depending on "user" preference? So the Boss wants a sexy girl but Mrs. Boss sees it as a handsome hunk....

Confession: I call ChatGPT "Steve," because I'm dyslexic and get the letters mixed up. When I try to say the real name I get confused and call it stupid things like, "ChatKFC." Also, when my husband talks to Siri and she responds in that sexy robot British accent, it makes me jealous. Feels like he's talking to some wench right in our bedroom!

By the way, I did some work this morning and here are the results.

I placed Parts I and II of the raw (prompted) draft into two documents. The chapters I prompted the first day came out to 20,000 words (40 pages) and the chapters I prompted the second day came to 28,000 words (52 pages). These are supposed to be the same length, so I think I improved my prompting the second day. Or I just held on to more versions of scenes, so it might not actually amount to more usable material. I can’t tell yet.

Tara Maya