[ExI] India and the periodic table

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 23:37:43 UTC 2023

On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 at 00:12, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Keith fun aside for yas: I had never seen the periodic table until I was a junior in high school in a chemistry class.  When I did, I was so amazed, I used to just sit and study it, with all the numbers, including electronegativity, the common isotopes, etc.  The answers to everything were right there on one kinda busy page.
>
> I had never heard of the theory of evolution to any real extent until my first year of college.  If you ever try to understand biology without that concept, you appreciate the hell outta why the old timers from the 1800s realized it answered so many puzzling problems in biology.
>
> Imagine trying to understand either chemistry or biology without the periodic table or the concept of evolution.
> Prediction: both China and India will reverse course in the foreseeable future.
>
> spike

Already reversed.  India has explained that these subjects are taught
to students age 16 and over (Classes 11 and 12).

<https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/story/ncert-reason-chapters-deleted-class-10-textbooks-2387711-2023-06-02>

BillK