[ExI] India and the periodic table

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 02:58:13 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jun 2, 2023, 9:22 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

>  using only the 300 words in the Dr. Seuss classic Green Eggs and Ham,
> then I can only get answers with those 300 words?  And the GE&H-bot will
> have a complete dictionary with every word defined in terms of the 300 GE&H
> words?  If so, then any answers would not make a lot of sense.  Everything
> would be in a boat with a goat, or on a train in the rain, but nothing
> outside of that?
>
> If I made my own GE&H-bot and asked it a question about plasma physics,
> its own dictionary would define plasma as something like train of rain?
> Then give an obviously silly answer a 3 yr old child could understand as
> well as we do?

I would like training on all the words ever, but restrict output to only
the ten hundred words.  From examples I've seen, you need mastery of your
material to express complex ideas in such a reduced vocabulary.  So much of
language is assuming context that we also assume the other party "knows"
what is meant and will cover for vagaries... which is much more difficult
in ten hundred words.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/science-in-ten-hundred-words-the-up-goer-five-challenge/

I expect you've already seen this, but a fun revisit anyway:
https://xkcd.com/1133/