[ExI] India and the periodic table

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Thu Jun 8 21:53:01 UTC 2023

Hello spike,

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

>>> ... It sure feels that way from my perspective Daniel.  There seems to be
>>> a big subjectivist push, where every person is entitled to define
>>> their own reality, ... spike
>
>> ...I've seen this trend in sweden too. What I find interesting is that this
> trend also seems to push like minded people of the opposite tradition ...
>
> I have been pondering how marketing and advertisement industry can
> capitalize on the trend.  Still thinking on that one.

Strangely enough I was discussing the state of the marketing art today
with one of my business partners who does work part time for a global
marketing/PR company. He works mostly with US tech companies and told me
of an interesting dilemma for PR people and companies.

Do you go left or right? And if you go one way, and it doesn't work, how
do you back out without losing even more?

The case study he referred to was budweiser beer who apparently wanted
to expand their markets. They put a beer can in the hand of a trans
person, and all of a sudden the conservatives who enjoy their beer
started boycotting it.

Then they tried to explained themselves, and this in turn alienated the
left, so their sales tanked even more.

I propose "the third way" where companies return to their roots and only
focus on long term profit and skip the politics.

In my small company it works wonders and I attract brilliants
technologists who are tired of diversity and politics in the workplace
and just want to work.

I wonder, on a global scale, if this might be a trend. Imagine buying a
screw driver that is _just a screw driver_! No posturing, no life style,
no political affiliation, it's just a tool that you use! ;)

What do you think? Could this be a new trend?

Best regards,
Daniel