[ExI] ChatGPT 'Not Interesting' for creative works

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 8 20:40:16 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
…

>…It turns out that these quadratic operations are what enabled the intelligence of these models to far surpass previous techniques. The quadratic operations require the entire input memory to be collected in one place as this one step integrates every piece of information together….

Hmmmm, well damn.  Sounds like Elon Musk and his collaborators will soon own the planet.

>… This reflects the nature of our intelligence: it is more than a sum of parts (linear)…

Very cool insight!

If you are correct, watch for Musk and his compatriots to start building GPU chip fabs as fast as they can slam them into the ground.  Most of us see that China is going to take Taiwan, and I could see the Taiwanese GPU makers scuttle the ship on their way out.