[ExI] pointy end up, fiery end down

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon May 8 18:36:16 UTC 2023

On Mon, May 8, 2023 13:08, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:

> MB, you may pass along to your NASA friend if they is looking for a job,
> this comment:
>
> Depending on what one wanted out of a career, there were definite
> advantages
> to working in a big company with lots of stuff that needed controlling.
> For
> getting rich, not such a good place to work.  If one wants to learn
> everything about engineering, Lockheed was a great place to work.
> University of Lockheed it was.

We're a generation ahead of you, spike. :)  Working for a Big Company was
a job for life.  Uncle Lockheed (or Atlas or Dupont or Hercules) would
look out for you as long as you behaved.  Pension, health care, the works.
 Not rich, but solid.

Indeed it was a university, too.  They'd take you, train you, and keep
you. :)

I don't think things are better now, alas.

Regards,
MB