[ExI] Food (was: Re: morality)

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 19 18:09:07 UTC 2023

…> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat

>…There is so much carb propaganda. Many people seem to think that food is automagically healthy if it is plant-based. I can hardly digest most plant foods at all unless they are fermented. I’ve never had any issues digesting meat. However, I certainly wouldn’t recommend consuming large amounts of processed meats since they often contain many potentially harmful additives and preservatives… Gadersd

How does any government decide what gets taxed?  And how does that government figure it has the authority to tax some foods in the first place?  The US government does not, unless it can create a special bureau to do that.  And even if they manage to get that far, and somehow get it past the supreme court who will point out there is nothing in the constitution to suggest the US government has that authority, who gets to decide what is healthy and what isn’t?  And even if all that, is it right to add taxes to the foods that sustain the poor?

To top it all off, we are told the US government is now only 12 days until it goes chapter 11.  If that happens, what becomes of all those bureaucracies?  I would think they would be the first thing overboard.