[ExI] alt man out

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 22:08:49 UTC 2023

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 12:54 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

> Thanks for the comments and questions.

You are welcome.

> I believe if there were powerful arguments as to why AI commercialization
> could be dangerous, it could at least be severely restricted.

I don't - short of impractically extreme measures (again offering Elizer's
suggestions as a well known example).  Effective laws won't be passed in
the US - and even if they could be, that leaves China and Russia (among
others) to do as they will (which is one of the reasons why they are
unlikely in the US).

Note: "could".  Your topic title asked, "Should".  There is a big
difference between the two; "could not" generally overrides any question of
"should".