[ExI] Culture war and universal values in the age of spiritual machines

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 21:29:41 UTC 2023

On Sun, Nov 26, 2023, 3:42 PM efc--- via extropy-chat <

> I think that thought has occupied quite a few philosopher. I think the
> fashionable thing in philosophy is the "platinum rule". But I could be
> wrong.

I think this is an inter and novel take:

https://philarchive.org/rec/ARNMAW

Zuboff argues that the most correct action is what one would do if one has
perfect and complete knowledge, and this knowledge would contain the
knowledge of what it's like to be all the affected individual beings points
of view, hence morality would then be conceived as a reconciliation of all
desires of all conscious beings.

Jason