[ExI] little puzzle

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 03:08:39 UTC 2023

As Adrian pointed out "ouch" in japanese is 痛い, pronounced etai.

And while it is true young Japanese love to use foreign words and say OK,
especially if they are in the presence of foreigners.  And it is not
spelled roman letters: OK.  It is spelled in the katakana alphabet (オーケー)
reserved for foreign words, and looks different from the same letters in
the hiragana alphabet they use for true japanese words.  In other words, if
they shape the letters in katakana, it specifically seys (this is not
Japanese).

Traditional or older japanese won't use (オーケー), they are more likely to say
分りました
[わか分·り·ま·し·た]
pronounced Wakarimashia (formal)  wakata (less formal) Literal translation:
"I understand"

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 4:17 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <