[ExI] quote of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 7 02:34:24 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] quote of the day

>…Spike, the best way to get rid of credit card debt is to die. When my son died the credit card companies just wrote off his debt, perhaps realizing that there was not enough money in the estate.

bill  w

Hmmmm… I will look into alternative strategies methinks.

The debt that concerns me Billw is the one the US government has racked up and continues to race up now.  It is clear that default is coming, and it is clear that Social Security and Medicare recipients will be hit first and hardest.

I do not think the US government will die to get out of its debt, but I can easily foresee taxes higher than they are now with almost no government services in return.

Post modern monetary theory is coming.  Debt matters.  Size definitely matters.