[ExI] The “great gate in history” of Strauss and Howe

efc at swisscows.email efc at swisscows.email
Fri Oct 13 10:05:13 UTC 2023

Hello Bill,

I'm not a big fan of doom prophecies myself, but something to keep in mind
when it comes to economic inequality is that globally, we've never been
richer and never had it better (see the book "In defense of global
capitalism",
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Defense_of_Global_Capitalism).

So a trend throughout history seems to be (if you can ever speak about
historical trends that is) that we do progress with the help of
capitalism and free markets, and local downward trends seem to appear when
ever we move away from that to more authoritarian ideas.

So curently we are experiencing a bit of turbulence but I am certain that
after a few years of turbulence, we'll resume are growth trip again. =)

Best regards,
Daniel