[ExI] stormy year

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Oct 23 02:33:44 UTC 2023

For those of you who follow this sorta thing, you may have observed that
this has been a far quieter Atlantic storm year than most.  But on the
contrary, 2023 has been a far stormier year in the Atlantic.  But a tropical
west to east wind current pushed the hurricanes to the north, where they
blew themselves out in the middle of the Atlantic where no one cares, even
if it is a monster storm such as Lee, which raged for 11 days but never came
close enough to land to wreck anything of importance or sell headlines.

This all has me thinking that if we build stuff near the coast which can
withstand hurricanes, we wouldn't worry much about them.