[ExI] US to Build Robot Army to Counter China's Growing Power

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Fri Sep 1 15:13:56 UTC 2023

My friend who runs a venture capital firm that invests in this type of tech like the XQ-58A and who is a former Top Gun pilot notes the proposed autonomous tech always has a human in the loop for kill orders. Despite the need for and value in tech that can go on missions too risky for humans, there appears to be a strong philosophy among DOD and developers still that killing should only be done directly by humans. As one person told me, “so the horror lives on someone’s soul—so that war becomes the real enemy.”

-Henry