[ExI] pun of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Sep 15 17:43:42 UTC 2023

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] pun of the day

On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 9:04 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Adrian has been the champion of wordplay for over two decades.  He predates ChatGPT.

>…If predating is to dating as foreplay is to sex...well, I doubt I'll ever know for sure but it is possible that some of the code I wrote over the years ultimately wound up being part of ChatGPT.

Well I suppose the newlywed among us would be the authority on that whole foreplay and sex business, so we will take your word for it.  Besides I like that interpretation better than the alternative: one who wishes to date a comely lass but is still working up the nerve to ask, that guy predates the date, and so he is a predator.  I don’t like the sound of that a bit.  But foreplay is cool.

Adrian, you are among friends here.  Did the wedding go off as planned sir?  Do invite your bride to chime in if she wishes.