[ExI] Ignemus lucem aeternam

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 03:38:23 UTC 2023

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 5:40 PM Gadersd via extropy-chat <

> > I am curious.  How many of you are signed up for cryonics?
>
> I haven’t signed up because I don’t think I’ll need it. With the
> singularity on the horizon I think biological immortality, if not
> uploading, will be available within my natural lifetime (assuming AI
> doesn’t wipe us out first).

### Yes, I think you are right that most of us who are not ridiculously old
will have a chance at post-singularity life extension within our expected
lifespan but then, prediction is hard, especially about the future. What if
you are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer? What if you are diagnosed with
ALS, like Hal Finney was? Hal was signed up and he will hopefully come back
one day because his suspension was of really good quality. His bitcoin will
be worth trillions of dollars by then. But if you are not already signed up
it may be difficult to do it when you suddenly see your end coming a lot
sooner than expected. And of course, sudden cardiac death kills about 9% of
us, which is the true death if not signed up. And what if they manage to
suppress AI progress and put the society in stasis for a long time?

Signing up is so easy when you are doing well. Go to the website and start
today.

Rafal