[ExI] [TIQ] RIP Daniel Dennett

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 02:47:46 UTC 2024

Keith,
That is great that Minskey was preserved.  I didn't know that, and so great
you helped with that.

As far as catching up to modern technology after resurrection, I
addressed this in my 1229 story
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ybLgIbOSDu9-ye1wAu9B5RnCBuSVcIihtXrhtVWZajo/edit>
.

It predicts that people will be resurrected into a simulated reality that
would be identical to the day after they died, and they will be gradually
introduced into the future at their own chosen pace, to go as slow or fast
as they want.  They could even stay at any level of progress they'd desire,
in various types of simulated realities or locations.  Ie, the Amish will
be able to stay at any level they desire.

Oh, and as far as being able to restore people not preserved, that is
definitely questionable, especially for the foreseeable future.  But all I
know is that I, nor do I think anyone else will ever give up till all
memories (i.e. a perfect history of the entire earth, including everyone in
it, at a resolution required to restore everyone and their memories) are
restored.  And how could anyone doubt the power of eternally
approaching omnipotent and omniscient Gods.

Brent