[ExI] it's not? indeed?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Feb 1 05:57:01 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] it's not? indeed?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 1:06 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> > We saw dissenting views squelched on the internet, labeled disinformation with the implication that disinformation is false information.  Now we know disinformation, misinformation and malinformation might be true...

>...So, while the lab leak itself is controversial, the Facebook response to the lab leak hypothesis is very well documented.

-Kelly

Ja, Kelly I wasn't concerned about FaceBook or the approximately 14 grandmas who are still active there.  I was far more interested in how information was handled on TwitterX, which has huge exposure.  They were shadow-banning and outright banning in some cases, for posting about the possible lab-leak origin of COVID.

Do let me be clear on this.  I oppose false information, and I am cool with banning false information.  But not for banning misinformation, malinformation or disinformation, so long as it is true or might be.

Note that shadow banning misinformation which turned out to be true or plausible is what motivated Elon Musk to buy Twitter and convert it to X.