[ExI] Top Soil Depletion

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 05:10:16 UTC 2024

On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 8:27 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> [...]

That's very strange.  People who don't use cell phones but did do DNA
testing.  Why?  Were they trying to figure out who they could marry?
I don't think you can get the results except on a computer.  How did
they do that?  Library?  One or more of them must have had computer
skills.

Hutterites have a high birth rate.  After that long there must be far
more of them than the land can support.

Do they have electric power?  Refrigerators?  The anti-technology
Doukhobors resisted electricity, schooling, etc for decades.
Eventually, they adapted.

I think the kids have to go to school.

> If we get uploading, there will be pockets of humanity which scarcely heard of it and want nothing to do with it.

Depending on how far and how fast it goes, and what provisions are
made for those who stay behind, it could get very lonely.

Keith