[ExI] Would human uploads have emotions?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Feb 19 05:33:40 UTC 2024

On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 8:54 AM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>…I have been musing on mariachi band experiences and I have doubts that
uploads will have experiences like humans… BillK

BillK I reluctantly agree.  I do not wish to believe that thought is substrate dependent, and I don’t.  But I am compelled to think that human emotion, as humans experience it, might require carbon-based meat brains, swimming in hormones and endorphins.  I hope not, but think it is likely.